This is such a simple family supper dish and goes down a treat with the kids. It is an adaptation of a Fay Ripley recipe from her What’s for Dinner Cookbook.
24 mini pigs in blankets (uncooked cocktail sausages with bacon wrapped round). Alternatively 12 chipolatas with bacon wrapped round.
120g Plain Flour
2 large (pref free range) eggs
10-15 fresh sage leaves, finely chopped (optional)
Pinch of Salt
Olive or Rapeseed Oil
12 hole muffin tin
- Preheat the oven to 240 degrees C, 220 degrees C (fan), Gas mark 9. Beat flour and eggs together in a bowl with a little milk using and electric whisk. Gradually add the rest of the milk to form the batter. Add the sage and a pinch of salt.
- Brush the muffin tin with a little oil and then add a splash of oil to the every muffin hole. Add two pigs in blankets or one chipolata to each muffin hole. If using chipolatas you will need to bend. Bake for 15 mins in the oven.
- Remove from the oven and quickly (whilst the tray is still very hot) add the batter to each hole.
- Return to the oven and lower the temperature to 220 degrees C, 200 degrees C (fan), gas mark 7 and cookie for another 15-20 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Serve with a selection of vegetables.