Our FAQ’s will hopefully answer your questions but if not, please get in touch.
There are two ways to place an order with Katie Bakes:
1. Online – Just add items to your basket and you can pay via PayPal or Stripe using a credit or debit card or PayPal . You do not need a PayPal account to pay by PayPal.
2. By Phone – We are happy to take orders over the phone with payment by debit or credit card. Just call us on 023 9319 0160 between 9.00 am and 8.00 pm Monday to Friday excluding bank holidays.
We accept the following cards: Mastercard, Visa Electron, Maestro, Visa and JCB over the phone.
PARTY BAG ORDERING
Place your order via the Party Bag pages and enter the details of the Party Child’s Name and the date that you require your order by. Alternatively give us a call.
Ordinarily your orders will be dispatched within 1-2 working days and then allow 1-2 days for delivery. However, if you need them quicker, please call or email us as usually this is possible. Any order of 10+ party bags will automatically be sent by courier.
If your order is urgent please select our Express Delivery option (1-2 days).
PLEASE NOTE THAT DURING HOLIDAY TIMES WE MAY REQUIRE ADDITIONAL NOTICE AND EXPRESS DELIVERY MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE. We will put notices of holidays on the website ahead of time.
We can include more than one party child’s name on the labels and the wording on the labels can be customised for your individual needs. Just give us a call or send an email with your request and we will see what we can do.
Specially Designed Labels
If you are planning a special event and would like us to supply party bags for the occasion, we do have the option to insert other images, logos or supply specially themed labels for a small additional cost. Please contact us for further information or to discuss your requirements.
We will endeavour to dispatch all orders within 1-2 working days.
- FREE delivery on orders over £30.00. (See * for restrictions).
- Royal Mail Tracked 48 Hours: £3.95 + applicable VAT per order. Delivery typically within 2-3 working days of dispatch. (See * for restrictions).
- Royal Mail Tracked 24 Hours: £7.50 + applicable VAT per order (order before 11.00 am weekdays and we will endeavour to dispatch the same day). Delivery within 1-2 working days of dispatch. (See * for restrictions).
- DPD Express Courier (order before 11 am, delivery within 1-2 working days, excludes Saturday Delivery): £7.50 + applicable VAT per order. (See * for restrictions).
- Saturday Delivery: £15.95 + applicable VAT per order (if placed before 10.30am on the Friday (excludes Highlands, Islands and certain postcodes).
* Any order over 2kg going to the Highlands or Islands or the following postcodes (as set out by our Courier, DPD) will unfortunately be subject to additional charges. AB31 – AB35, AB41 – AB54, AB36 – AB38, AB55 – AB56, FK17 – FK21, HS1 – HS9, IV1 – IV63, KA27, KA28, KW0 – KW14, KW15 – KW17, PA20 – PA78, PH15 – PH18, PH19 – PH29, PH32 – PH33, PH45 – PH48, PH30 – PH31, PH34 – PH44, PH49 – PH50, ZE1 – ZE3 All additional charges will be kept to an absolute minimum.
The shipping rates above apply to all Mainland UK deliveries and orders weighing less than 2 kg (1 jar/1 baking gift set/8 party bags) to anywhere in the UK including Highlands and Islands. Any orders to the Highlands and Islands (and other postcodes as listed below) over 2 kg will be subject to additional postage costs. Please contact us for additional details.
Standard Delivery will be by courier or Royal Mail Tracked 48 depending on the weight of the order. Orders below 2kg will be sent by Royal Mail and orders over 2kg will be sent by DPD (see notes above regarding possible additional postage charges depending on destination). On ordering, you can tell us a safe place to leave your parcel in the event you will be out. Dispatch is usually within 1-2 working days of the order being placed, except in certain circumstances although we usually put notification on the website in these instances.
Express Delivery will be via DPD, Orders placed by 11.45 am will be delivered within 1-2 days. Please note that Saturday is not considered a working day and orders to Highlands, Islands and certain postcodes (see above) may be subject to additional charges.
When sending packages we try to use eco friendly or recycled packaging in order to minimise the impact on the environment.
- Our mixes in jars and pouches have an average shelf life of 3-6 months from dispatch.
- Party bags have an average shelf life of 6-9 months.
We offer optional gift wrapping for our Cookie Mix in a Jar products at an additional cost of £3.50 per item. This includes red gift wrapping and a small card with the message of your choice.
Due to their size we cannot offer the gift wrap option for the Baking Sets however these sets are wrapped in cellophane with a ribbon around them and you have the option to add a small card with a message.
Just select the Gift Wrapping/gift card option when ordering and enter your message in the box.
ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY ON PACKAGING
We have made a conscious effort to reduce the amount of single use plastic that we use where there is a viable alternative available.
We have replaced our baking mix party bags with bags that are made from a biodegradable plastic and the pancake mix party bags are also in eco pouches which are biodegradable. Our party bag boxes are also made from recycled board and obviously the glass Kilner jars that we use for our baking mix jars are reusable and are made from 100% recycled glass.
With regard to packing materials, we have changed our packing tape so that we now use paper packing tape, where possible we use recycled paper to pad out boxes and we have changed from using polystyrene chips to an alternative which is starch based and biodegradeable. Sadly we still need to use bubble wrap for some of our products but we are constantly looking for a viable alternative and where we use air pillows, these are recycled. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions regarding the packaging of our products.
If you would like to stock any of the Katie Bakes product range, please contact us and we can provide you with further information.
Lists of product ingredients are shown on the product pages. You can also find them here. None of our mixes contain nuts however they are produced in an environment which handles nuts.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you are concerned whether our products are suitable for people with specific allergies.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please view our full Terms and Conditions for orders placed via our website.